Saturday, August 15, 2015

HiPPYCREEP - PORT RICHMOND BLUES


PORT RICHMOND BLUES - This is my very first release. I have been jamming for years and never released any official music. I recorded jams on cassette tapes but nothing ever seemed to take off. I became unmotivated and kind of gave up on playing music. It wasn't until recently I decided to break out a video recording of a block party performance to show my friend Dan Cohoon. Dan, told me I should release this and call in Port Richmond Blues in honor of the late great Jack Rose. I felt inspired again and thought, yes, I should. I pulled the audio from the DVD with very little editing in an attempt to keep that analog sound. I hope you enjoy. Please give me feedback so I can work on more material and perform somewhere in Philly. Thanks to all! Peace Love and Vibrations ----- HiPPYCREEP

This was recorded LIVE at block party at 2627 Monmouth Street in Port Richmond on 09/23/06. I lived at this address for 10 years. Port Richmond is a small neighborhood located in Philadelphia. I opened up the set with some early acoustic sounds. Two improv tracks and one written "Rainbow Runs With The Night". Later in the afternoon I fucked around with the electric and played selections of some things I was working on at that time. The track by MUDWATER was a short lived band that myself and a good friend of mine, Shawn Davis, were trying to get off the ground. We wrote one song "Never Gonna Get It" and this was our one and only performance.

This entire performance is complete with the sounds of city life including neighbors talking, kids yelling and the filmmaker adding his own commentary for the film. Please enjoy!

ACOUSTIC
1. Port Richmond Blues > Rainbow Runs With The Night > Sun Raga

ELECTRIC
2. Polly (Nirvana Cover) > Improvico > Cyanide > In Your Mind (You Get High) > MUDWATER (Never Gonna Get It) > Acid Suite: Help Me > Not Fade Away > Stirring The Sense Of Time

HiPPYCREEP RECORDS 2015

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jo5c8ocy4fg511b/Port_Richmond_Blues.zip

Video Recording/Audio by Richard Stankiewicz AKA Spunky - Thanks Brotha

Special thanks to my wife Lisa McBride who has always been a big supporter of my music

Thanks to Dan Cohoon AKA Cobra Dan - Dan is an extremely talented photographer and musician - check out his photos at http://www.frequencysquared.blogspot.com/ and his music at https://dirtweedrevue.bandcamp.com/ https://moralcrayfish.bandcamp.com/

Thanks to Shane Razzi for allowing me to use his mic and amp!

No comments: